Are you in the market to buy servers for your organization? Not sure what the difference is between "used servers" and "refurbished servers"? You are in luck!
Let's explore the differences between used and refurbished servers, and IT hardware in general.
Refurbished servers provide:
- Guaranteed performance. A refurbished server has likely been built from the chassis up with your configuration. Most importantly, each component in the server build has been tested for performance and will include a warranty. If the server includes drives, all refurbished drives from World Data Products are wiped and tested, not just reformatted.
- Factory settings. During the refurbishment process, servers are returned to the original factory settings so they perform like new. A used server may or may not have been returned to the original factory settings.
- Guaranteed authenticity. World Data Products uses authentic OEM components including drives, memory, power supplies, network cards, etc. When you buy a server from us, all of the components are designed for that server.
- Good condition. Less important but nice to have is a "like new" physical condition. If you purchase a refurbished server, you're likely to receive a product that looks close to brand new. Refurbished servers are cleaned, even touched up if necessary.
- Optional maintenance programs. Quality refurbished servers may be eligible for OEM or third party maintenance.
Used servers: With used servers, you never know what you're going to get. It’s possible to get a used piece of equipment that looks good and works, but there is no guarantee that the item has been tested, and no guarantee that the components are 100% compatible for that model. A used server may or may not have a warranty.
Questions? Call 888-210-7636 or contact one of our IT Hardware Specialists today for a free consultation or a quote.