Dell EqualLogic PS5000XV Storage
The Dell EqualLogic PS5000XV uses 15,000 RPM Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) disk drives to deliver high performance for databases and online transaction processing applications.
With a 16 drive chassis full of either 146 GB or 300 GB SAS drives, the array provides a high-performance iSCSI SAN built on fully redundant, hot-swappable enterprise hardware. Scale out performance and capacity by adding additional PS5000XV storage arrays to your virtualized EqualLogic iSCSI SAN. Built-in software functionality includes automatic load balancing, Microsoft application integration, snapshots and replication, multi-path I/O, consistency sets, and much more.
Seamlessly integrated with all other EqualLogic PS Series storage arrays, the PS5000XV expands your ability to optimize performance and capacity using storage pools and tiers matched to application demands. And with online data movement between tiers, you gain flexibility to adjust without disruption as your business evolves.
The PS5000XV offers high performance, advanced functionality, and complete protection. Self-managing and expandable online, it is designed to maintain 99.999% data availability.
- 15,000 RPM, 146 or 300 GB SAS drives
- 16 drive chassis
- Dual controller modules, each with 64-bit dual core RISC processor
- Battery-backed and mirrored RAID cache
- Automatic RAID 5, RAID 10, and RAID 50 configuration
- Highly flexible, space-efficient volume snapshots
- Auto-capable volume replication
- Complete storage solution with heterogeneous OS support
- Automatic load balancing
- Scales without service disruption
- 2.3 or 4.8 TB of raw capacity
- EqualLogic Multi-path I/O
- Exceptional sequential and transactional application performance
- Performance scales linearly as arrays are added
The Dell EqualLogic PS5000XV is the new name for the EqualLogic PS3800XV and PS3900XV models.