Dell EqualLogic PS Storage Stack
Dell's commitment to simplifying IT extends to configuration of total storage systems. The PS Storage Stack makes it easy to purchase multi-array configurations for customized performance and capacity.
A PS Storage Stack can combine multiple PS Series storage arrays into a single SAN. By segmenting the storage in your SAN, you can optimize your environment to meet your service level and budget requirements. Physically and logically combining arrays, a PS Storage Stack enables you to configure storage pools or tiers to optimize performance and capacity according to application-specific demands.
No matter which arrays you combine, you gain the high availability, reliability, scalability, and automation that come with built-in data services, redundant components, and modular design.
PS Storage Stack Highlights:
- 2 - 24 controllers, each with 64-bit dual core RISC processor
- 2 - 24 GB battery-backed and mirrored RAID cache
- 16, 192 disk drives (146 GB, 250 GB, 300 GB, 400 GB, 500 GB, 750 GB or 1 TB)
- 7,200 RPM SATA drives, 10,000 RPM SAS drives, or 15,000 RPM SAS drives
- 3, 36 gigabit network interfaces
- Auto-configured RAID 5, RAID 10, and RAID 50 with hot sparing
- Highly flexible, space-efficient volume snapshots
- Volume replication
- Automatic load balancing
- EqualLogic Multi-path I/O
- 4 - 192 TB of raw capacity
- Support for up to 65,000 transactional application users
- Complete storage solution
- Heterogeneous OS support
- Fully interoperable with the entire PS Series product line